Курс для викладачів Delta
(Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
The Delta Modules:
Delta is a widely recognised qualification which helps to build better teaching practice and can lead to greater rewards and enhanced career opportunities.
Module One: Understanding Language Skills for Teaching
It focuses on the background to teaching and learning and looks at the theories behind how people learn languages and how they are taught.
Assessment: via a written examination which can be taken at IH Kyiv.
Module Two: Developing Professional Practice.
It focuses on developing professional practice and looks at the theory and practice of teaching, and the different ways that environment, society and culture.
Assessment: via a portfolio of coursework, including observed lessons, background written assignments, and one externally-assessed lesson.
- Module 2. Including preparation and Mock exam for Module 1 and consultations on Module 3.
Module Three: Extending practice and English language teaching specialization.
It focuses on assessment and course planning in the context of a specialist option (e.g.
Young Learners, English for Special Purposes, 1×1). Assessment: via an extended written assignment.
Further information about the Delta Modules can be found at:
The Delta modules are for practising teachers. Delta candidates will:
- normally hold an initial teaching qualification enabling them to teach English in their own context
- have a range of experience of teaching different levels in one or more contexts
- have a level of written and spoken English which enables them to teach advanced level students (up to and including C1 – C2 levels on the CEFR.
- be able to research and present written assignments to the required standard.
Dates in 2021
Module 2: 5.07.2021-13.08.2021.
Early-bird fee: 54 999 UAH (deadline 18.06.21)
Regular fee: 59 999 UAH
Our Delta Tutors
• BA Hons in English and American Literature
• PGCE for UK secondary school teaching
• UCLES Cert. TEFL (now CELTA)
• UCLES Dip. TEFL (now Delta) with Distinction
• EdD TEFL with specialism and dissertation in teacher training
• British Council Professional Award for Teacher Educators
• Project Management in Practice course at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
• Certification as webinar presenter for OUP
• Experience as CELTA tutor and assessor
• Delta tutor since 2010
• Delta assessor since 2012
• Delta Module Two moderator since 2016
Briony is a language teaching consultant, teacher trainer and materials writer. She taught English in a British secondary state school before moving into teaching EFL, later becoming the DoS in a large adult education institute. She has worked with teachers in many countries and at various levels, including CELTA, Delta, M.A. and general in-service training. Briony has often presented at international conferences and has written coursebooks as well as specially commissioned teacher training and trainer training courses. She regularly publishes in professional journals.
• RSA Prep. Cert. TEFLA (now CELTA)
• RSA/Cambridge Dip. TEFLA (now Delta)
• CELTA Tutor since 1991
• Delta Tutor since 2000
• CELTA Assessor since 1996
• Delta Assessor since 2012
Steve taught English in Spain and Algeria before completing his Diploma course at IH Hastings in 1990. He was trained as a CELTA tutor at IH Paris in 1991 and then worked as a CELTA tutor and teacher at a number of CELTA centres in France, UK, Canada and the Middle East before moving to Poland. He has lived in Warsaw since 1999 running face-to-face and, more recently, online CELTA and Delta courses.
• IHC in TEFL (International House Certificate in TEFL)
• Diploma in TEFL/TESL Colchester, Vermont, U.S.A.
• IH Director of Studies Training Course Certificate
• SIT/CELTA Teacher Training Certificate. School for International Training, Iasi, Romania.
• CELTA /IHC/Delta Tutor
• Distance Delta Local Tutor
• IH Visitor Training Certificate
• CELTA/SIT TESOL assessor
• Delta Tutor since 2015
Tanya has been a Teacher Trainer since 2001. She has run Pre-Celta courses in Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Tadjikistan, and over 30 CELTA and IHCTL courses in Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Romania, Northern Ireland, Belgium and Italy with more than 400 graduates. She has assessed CELTA in Yerevan, Baku, Almaty, Tbilisi, Minsk, Rostov-on Don, St. Petersburg and Moscow. She is also a Distance Delta Local Tutor. Tanya is a CELTA/IHC tutor trainer as well and has trained about 20 CELTA/IHC tutors.
For 90 days citizens of EU, the USA, Canada and the UK are free to come without a visa for Ukraine (but not from Australia). We are not authorised to provide our candidates with any kind of visa support.
Please see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for visa clarification http://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/entering-ukraine/visa-requirements-for-foreigners
Accommodation: the centre provides help with accommodation on request.
For more information about accommodation please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org